Saturday, March 17, 2012

Horse at Red Barn

One of the women I met through a VERY active email alias at Microsoft asked me to donate to a fun fundraiser called HeART of the Horse, which benefits Save a Forgotten Equine (SAFE) Horse Rescue.

I don't have the opportunity to paint many horses. As a Montana grrl, you would think I grew up around horses. but I really didn't have much opportunity to be around them except for summer visits to my aunt's farm. I loved horses, but there were also cats at the farm, and cats I could take home.

But, I loved horses and their power and their agreement to work with us. So, when I got the chance to donate to this organization, I definitely wanted to donate. This is a painting based on a picture taken from the woman who told me about the fundraiser. Very generous.

Now, I'm waiting to get my 6x6 canvas so that I can start on my piece of the Select Sixty-Four part of the Heart fundraiser.

No comments: