Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Gidget




Gidget is a sign of balance in my life.




When I last posted, I had just finished 3 commissions. They were all rejected. I thought something was wrong, that perhaps I lost the grace that I feel while painting.




And I realized I had slipped from my purpose. I was spending too much time being angry rather than a conduit of creativity, so I quit the community board I was on.




The decision was a little harder than that; I did feel I had made a commitment and I struggled over it. But, what really got me was the lack of time I felt and the feeling that I should be doing something more productive.




As a reward for getting more time, I bought a bike, which I have taken out on a few fair weather spins. But, what's more important is that I am painting again, and liking it. The bonus is that ,folks who have asked for commissions are liking the paintings.




I feel on the right path again.

No comments: