Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Buck

What can I say about a cat who's named Buck? One whose pictures showed him with his ears flattened to his head?

Yet, his mama says he's the sweetest thing, and I imagine he is. Plus, with that hair, I imagine he's soft and fun to pet, once he trusts you.

Tina, the woman who took the pictures that this painting is based on, has never experienced that trust. That's why his look is the way it is.

Mr. R. calls it grumpy (and ,Fern, if you want me to make him sweeter looking, I can try), but I call it questioning. Are you coming closer to pill me? Do you really want to come closer? Perhaps I need a preemptive strike?

Why did I paint Buck? Because his mama helped me bake when I was raising money for Feral Care to help three little kitties who needed to be relocated. When a home with humans wasn't available, and the cats were needing to leave their current location, Feral Care stepped in. I offered to help raise money. And, Fern, out of the goodness of her heart, and perhaps her love of baking, offered to help me make things for a bake sale.

Thank you, Fern.

1 comment:

mimi torchia boothby watercolors said...

he looks like a cool cat to me. I love his deep green eyes!
You need to friend Enza on facebook. (Enza Torchia)