Thursday, August 30, 2007

Blue

"Blue," 2006

My friend Barbara scanned a number of my first acrylic paintings for me.

I have had the wonderful support and encouragement of many friends: Barbara, who contributed digital pictures of her and her partner's animals and scanned the results; Tina, who has always been supportive and enthusiastic about my writing and drawing; Rick, my husband (boy, that sounds weird), who tells me I have an artist's eye and has paid for all my art supplies -- and classes -- for the past few years, and many more....

This painting was one of two painting created for a fundraiser for the Feral Cat Project. Alas, it didn't sell and I've since changed it a bit, darkening the blues and adding more color.

I mention Tina above because she contributed the digital photo of her neighbor's cat.

No comments: